LEICESTER, Mass. — Leicester residents with a resolution to recycle in the New Year can get an early start at Leicester Recycling Center, which will once again be accepting Christmas Trees, gift wrap, cardboard and other post-holiday debris.
According to Director Ruth Kaminski, this year the center will be accepting:
- Christmas trees, but no tinsel or ornaments.
- Gift boxes, gift wrap, greeting cards and cardboard.
- Styrofoam, including packing peanuts, packing materials, clean coffee cups and food trays.
- Textiles such as backpacks, bedding, clothes, pillows, shoes, towels. While rips and stains are acceptable, there should be no wet smell.
- Leaves, flowers, poinsettias, and greenery for the compost pile (no wire frames or ornaments), as well as vases from flower arrangements.
Additionally, for those who received a new computer for Christmas, the center is also accepting old computers.
The recycling center is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m on the first, third and fifth Saturday of each month, and is at 200 Manville St. To find out more about items acceptable for recycling, visit its website.